NEW Unsung Hero Award DEADLINE is DECEMBER 15th, 2018. The ICCA takes great pride in recognizing our exceptionally talented and amazing athletes and coaches each year. ALL ICCA Unsung Hero Award nominations MUST BE SUBMITTED by Saturday, December 1... Read More
Each year ICCA gives over $10,000 to senior cheerleaders as scholarship money for continuing education. These winners are selected from seniors throughout the state of Illinois who excel in cheerleading as well as the classroom. Seniors who apply need to be members of ICCA. The top 10 scoring applicants will be required to be present for an interview at the Abraham Lincoln Hotel in Springfield on January 4th, 2019 and for award presentation at the ICCA Championships on January 5th, 2019. Below is a list of information needed when applying for a scholarship. To apply for Scholarship please go to link below and complete online.
1) Your school must be an ICCA member or you as an individual have to be an ICCA member to be eligible for a scholarship.
2) You must complete the form online by Wednesday November 14th, 2018 by midnight to be considered for an ICCA Scholarship.
3) Potential scholarship winners will be interviewed on Friday, January 4th and finalists must be in attendance at the awards ceremony on Saturday, January 5th to be eligible for the scholarship.
4) You need to contact the registrar at your school and have him or her send an official transcript that includes a non-weighted GPA and ACT/SAT score. This should be in a sealed envelope and sent to the Scholarship Director (address on google form).
5) You must download the coach’s questionnaire from the google form and give it to your coach to fill out and send in a sealed envelope to the Scholarship Director. (address on google form) COACHES QUESTIONNAIRE
6) Create your video using the directions below and post it to an online, web-based hosting site such as
www.Youtube.com and paste the link in the section on the application.
Instructions: Applicant must be in uniform. Other athletes must be in practice clothing. All skills must be performed on a cheer mat (No spring floor). No other cheerleaders should be on the video except for the stunt portion of the video. The video must be a maximum of 2 minutes and in the following order:
1) Floor Cheer (no stunts but can incorporate jumps and/or tumbling)
2) Dance (dance should have three 8-counts)
3) Combination Jump (Demonstrate your best triple jump)
4) Tumbling (include your best standing AND running pass)
5) Stunt sequence (Applicants for the stunt sequence may be the base, top or back spot but not the front spot).
***Videos not submitted in the correct order listed above will not be considered for Scholarship.***
2018 Scholarship Winners
1st Place: Paige Way- Edwardsville
2nd Place: Peyton Roedder- Carmi-White
3rd Place: Breana Smith- Alton
Mara Caldieraro- Greenville
Logan Hilmes- Greenville
Camryn Rowe- Rockridge
Kenzee Dycus- Mt. Vernon
Brooke Hudson- Granite City
Amy Weslow- Carl Sandburg
Zoe Walrath- Rockridge
2017 ICCA Scholarship Winners
1st Place: Morgan Goebel – Edwardsville
2nd Place: Johnel Eubanks – Benton
3rd Place: Alyssa Vignos – New Berlin
Ally Litchfield – Farmington Central
Jessica Hall – Columbia
Sydney Morgan – Mt Vernon
Justice Conover – Carterville
Bailey Wills – Highland
Emma Moore – Edwardsville
Jesse Slack – Sesser-Valier
2016 Scholarship Winners
1st Place: Hannah Andrews – Oswego East
2nd Place: Nicole Infantino – Addison Trail
3rd Place: Alyssa Dollison – O’Fallon
Kaylee Nichols – Williamsville
Nathan O’Connor – Tremont
Audrey Kosydor – Highland
MaKayla Gayler – Oakwood
Chase McQueen -Edwardsville
Marissa Wheeler – Highland
Jessica Hammel – Carlyle
Kaylen Keele – Carlyle
2015 Scholarship Winners