Each year ICCA gives over $10,000 to senior cheerleaders as scholarship money for continuing education. These winners are selected from seniors throughout the state of Illinois who excel in cheerleading as well as the classroom. Seniors who apply need to be members of ICCA. The top 10 scoring applicants will be required to be present for an interview at the Abraham Lincoln Hotel in Springfield on January 10th, 2020 and for award presentation at the ICCA Championships on January 11th, 2020. Below is a list of information needed when applying for a scholarship. To apply for Scholarship please go to link below and complete online.
1) Your school must be an ICCA member or you as an individual have to be an ICCA member to be eligible for a scholarship.
2) You must complete the form online by Friday November 15th, 2019 by midnight to be considered for an ICCA Scholarship.
3) Potential scholarship winners will be interviewed on Friday, January 4th and finalists must be in attendance at the awards ceremony on Saturday, January 5th to be eligible for the scholarship.
4) You need to contact the registrar at your school and have him or her send an official transcript that includes a non-weighted GPA and ACT/SAT score. This should be in a sealed envelope and sent to the Scholarship Director (address on google form).
5) You must download the coach’s questionnaire from the google form and give it to your coach to fill out and send in a sealed envelope to the Scholarship Director. (address on google form) COACHES QUESTIONNAIRE
6) Create your video using the directions below and post it to an online, web-based hosting site such as
www.Youtube.com and paste the link in the section on the application.
Instructions: Applicant must be in uniform. Other athletes must be in practice clothing. All skills must be performed on a cheer mat (No spring floor). No other cheerleaders should be on the video except for the stunt portion of the video. The video must be a maximum of 2 minutes and in the following order:
1) Floor Cheer (no stunts but can incorporate jumps and/or tumbling)
2) Dance (dance should have three 8-counts)
3) Combination Jump (Demonstrate your best triple jump)
4) Tumbling (include your best standing AND running pass)
5) Stunt sequence (Applicants for the stunt sequence may be the base, top or back spot but not the front spot).
***Videos not submitted in the correct order listed above will not be considered for Scholarship.***
2020 Scholarship Winners
2019 Scholarship Winners
2018 Scholarship Winners
2017 ICCA Scholarship Winners
2016 Scholarship Winners
2015 Scholarship Winners